Ducati models with the Magnetti Marelli 7SM ECU
The TuneBoy software for the Marelli 7SM ECU allows you to adjust fuel, ignition and throttle mapping while the motor is running, this allows you to see the results of the changes in real time.
On a dyno this allows the motorcycle to be tuned for best performance very quickly.
On a dyno with dual wideband O2 controllers the tuning process can be completed in around 40 minutes
The following screen shot shows the TineBoyTrim live tuning software screen.
The live tuning software will connect to the ECU using the USB cable. When you make changes in the tables of the trim software the changes will take effect immediately. These changes will stay in effect until the ECU is powered off.
After the tuning process is complete you need to save the trim to the PC and flash the map and trim file into the ECU.
The TuneEdit_Marelli program allows you to adjust fuel and ignition tables for the Marelli map files.
You can adjust the fuel tables for front and rear cylinders and ignition tables for front and rear. You can also adjust the rev limit.
On some 7SM ECU maps we have also found the thermo fan setting so you can adjust the fan turn on point.
As new tables are identified we will add access to these in the TuneEdit program.
The following screen shot shows the TuneEdit_Marelli program.
The fuel and ignition maps can be viewed as text as shown in the screen shot above, or they can be viewed in a graphical view
The screen shot below shows the fuel map in the graphical view.
The FlashDucati_7SM program handles the task of reprogramming the ECU.
Re-flashing the ECU is as simple as starting the program, selecting the map file you want to load, selecting the trim file you want to include and clicking the Flash map into ECU button.
The reflash of the Marelli ECU takes around four minutes.
821 (All year models)
939 (All year models)
- Tune Kit: TuneEdit Ducati 7SM USB Kit
- Part Number: KITDUC_7SM_USB
- Description: This kit provides the user with a USB cable for flashing and tuning the ECU. With this you can create your own custom map to suit most bike set-ups. (Includes free shipping)
- Price: $399 AUD (Approx $279 USD)
- Also Available: Dyno Tuning Service
- Additional TuneEdit Key for Ducati Marelli ECU | KEYD | $199
- LC-2 Wideband Kit with O2 Sensor (Ducati Mitsubishi ECU) – modified by TuneBoy for direct connection to your bike wiring harness | LC-2 | $249 AUD (Approx $186 USD)
Currently out of stock
Any returns will have a restocking fee, this does not apply to orders that are cancelled before they have been shipped.