Ducati models with the Magnetti Marelli 59F, 59M or 5AM ECU
The TuneBoy logging software for the Marelli ECU records the information needed to adjust the fuel mapping on your motorcycle. The software records the RPM, throttle position, engine temperature and up to two wide band Air Fuel ratio inputs (LC-2 wide-band O2 sensor kit is sold separately).
The logging information is used by the map editing software.
The following screen shot shows the logging software screen.
The logging software will connect to the ECU using WiFi or the USB connection. When you press the Connect button you are asked for a log file name and logging will continue until you close the program.
The TuneEdit_Marelli program allows you to adjust fuel and ignition tables for the Marelli map files.
You can adjust the fuel tables for front and rear cylinders and ignition tables for front and rear. You can also adjust the rev limit, speedo and can change the dash message that appears at start-up.
On some 5AM ECU maps we have also found the thermo fan setting so you can adjust the fan turn on point.
As new tables are identified we will add access to these in the TuneEdit program.
The following screen shot shows the TuneEdit_Marelli program.
The fuel and ignition maps can be viewed as text as shown in the screen shot above, or they can be viewed in a graphical view
The screen shot below shows the fuel map in the graphical view.
When you process the log files the TuneEdit program will build a table containing the average air fuel ratio for each of the map points you passed through during the logging session.
The screen shot below shows the TuneEdit_Marelli screen with the data from a logging session.
The values in the A/F tables are used to correct the fuel tables. These corrections are done by the TuneEdit_Marelli program when you select the Correct fuel map option.
The Flash_Marelli program handles the task of reprogramming the ECU.
Re-flashing the ECU is as simple as starting the program, selecting the map file you want to load and clicking the Flash map into ECU button.
The reflash of the Marelli ECU takes around four minutes.
400 (2005) 620 (2005,2006) 695 (2006,2007,2008) 1000/1000s (2005)
S2R 800 (2005,2006,2007) S2R 1000 (2006,2007,2008) S4R (2005,2006,2007,2008)
620 (2005,2006) 1000 (2005,2006) 1100 (2006,2007,2008,2009)
GT 1000 (2006,2007,2008,2009,2010) Paul Smart 1000 (2006)
Sport 1000 (2006,2007,2008,2009)
848 and 1098 (All years)
749 749s 749R 848 848 EVO 996 998, 998S 998R 999 999S 999R
1098 1098s 1098R 1198 1198s
- Tune Kit: TuneEdit Ducati USB Kit
- Part Number: KITDUC_M_USB
- Description: This kit provides the user with a USB cable and adapter for data-logging* and tune-editing. With this you can create your own custom map to suit most bike set-ups. *Requires Innovate LC-2 Wideband and O2 Sensor kit for recording of Air Fuel ratios – sold separately.(Includes free shipping)
- Price: $399 AUD (Approx $279 USD)
- Also Available: Dyno Tuning Service
- Additional TuneEdit Key for Ducati Marelli ECU | KEYD | $199
- LC-2 Wideband Kit with O2 Sensor (Ducati Mitsubishi ECU) – modified by TuneBoy for direct connection to your bike wiring harness | LC-2 | $249 AUD (Approx $186 USD)
Currently out of stock
We do not offer refunds for change of mind.